If you want to save an important document, you can capture it by taking a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Depending on the type of device you have, capturing a screenshot may be a little different. There are three steps to take screenshots. 1. Use buttons combinations 2. Use your voice 3. Scroll capture
USE BUTTON COMBINATIONS
The steps for taking a screenshot are similar, but it sometimes different, based on the model. Before you take one, you’ll need to locate the Power and Volume down keys. Usually, the Volume keys are on the left side and the Power button (or Side key) is on the right. However, for some models, the keys’ locations may be reversed. Or, all the keys could be on the same side!
When you want to take a screenshot, just hold the Volume down key and the Power key (Side key) simultaneously. The screen will flash, indicating that a screenshot was captured. Volume down and Power key highlighted on the S21 Ultra. Certain tablets may have a physical Home key instead. You can press and hold the Power and Home keys simultaneously to take a screenshot.
USE YOUR VOICE
If you have Bixby Voice or Google Assistant set up, you can take a screenshot with a simple voice command. Say “Hey Bixby, take a screenshot,” and Bixby will capture what’s on your screen. You can even string together complex commands and say “Hey Bixby, take a screenshot.”
Sometimes webpage too long to capture in just one screenshot? Scroll capture lets you take multiple screenshots of one page and then combines them all into one big screenshot. In this way you get the whole picture. Plus, it works with all the other ways to take screenshots.
- Navigate to the screen you want to capture.
- To take the screenshot, press the Power key (Side key) and Volume down key simultaneously.
- When the Smart capture menu appears, tap the Scroll capture icon – it looks like a downward arrow, and it will bounce up and down.
- Then, tap the icon a second time to begin the scroll capture process.
- Keep tapping the icon until it reaches the bottom of the page or your desired spot.
- Add tags to your screenshots by tapping the hashtag icon in the Smart capture menu.
- Suggested tags will appear, but you can create your own as well. Tap Save to save your tag.
- When you are done, simply tap outside of the Smart capture menu bar. To view the captured screen, tap the screenshot preview or navigate to Gallery.
How to VIEW SCREENSHOTS
No matter what kind of device you have, you can see your screenshots in the same place. Just navigate to and open Gallery. You can also swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Notification panel, and then tap the screenshot notification. On some devices, you can tap the Albums tab in Gallery to see a collection of all the screenshots you’ve taken.